Tuesday, 11 March 2014
Clowns who are utterly terrifying : left/liberal steamroller
OK, perhaps I might be guilty of a few little strawmen here, but what do I mean by 'left/liberal ideological steamroller'? When I write about this I mean the types who frequent 'Comment is Free' on the Guardian, but could also mean liberal democrats, labour politicians and the general world view of the modern elite (Tory party included), often fulled by a militant atheism which automatically sees all religion as 'bad', even as they advocate some atrocious things themselves. At least that's how it is here in Britain. Now we could dismiss these people as poltroonish clowns, but their policies are equally frightening; besides which the lunatics have taken over the philosophical & governmental asylum and if religious people 'pick and choose', then we've learned it from this first, as they are the world's worst, at least when it comes to trying to practically work through who might be called a 'liberal' outlook.
I'll give a few examples of conversions I've had with such people:
1. As a liberal I believe in freedom of religion...
-Kosher slaughter is a barbaric treatment of animals and should be banned
-Male circumcision is child mutilation and should be banned
-Religions shouldn't be involved in politics, keep it at home , but it's OK to be an atheist and put forward a political view on that basis
-Religions that opposed gay adoption are homophobic and should loose charitable status
- The Church of England needs to 'get with the programme' re women Bishops despite deciding to vote against it themselves.
2. Capital Punishment is state sanctioned murder and therefore wrong...
-Abortion is a right of women in any circumstances
-Assisted suicide is right, as people have the right to do what they want with their life
- Suicide is a right and if people want to take their life, it is up to them
-I support euthanasia and living wills
3. conservatives are all far right swivel eyed and or Nazi type loons...
-Conservatives just don't think rationally about anything
-Israel is an apartheid state and needs to be boycotted/shouldn't exist
-Non of the policies of the above were ever considered or implemented by far right states, as I'm rational and the Nazis never argued they did what they did because of rationality.
- Conservatives are homophobic, racist and sexist, it doesn't matter if they introduced same sex marriage, that the fist Jewish , that the first female Prime Ministers were from the conservative fold.
I could go on, but I'd be here all day... isn't the self satisfaction and self- contradictions utter terrifying ?